13 Things Mentally Tough People Don’t Do (3 min read) – http://wp.me/p7hi1Z-x3
‘Have a Mentality of Abundance, we don’t work in vain. Faith is the key to success’ Julia Cameron
Looking back over the years of struggle as an entrepreneur, I have come to realize that it is not the lack you see around you that propels you forward but the abundance around and within you that causes you to do more and achieve success.
Lack can be an obstacle but it is how the mind perceives lack that determines productivity. In every circumstance you find yourself there is always an abundance of opportunity. For the struggling entrepreneur a lack of adequate funds and support is an opportunity to be resourceful.
‘Having faith establishes an atmosphere in which creativity flourishes’. Julia Cameron
Abundance is often quantified in terms of wealth and material possession, but what about skill, talent and knowledge these are commodities that can be transformed into wealth given the right opportunity. Many world and business leaders today came from obscure and poor backgrounds, but they pushed against the lack in their lives and strived until they had breakthroughs in their various enterprise.
‘If you have talent, devotion and plenty of perseverance, does that mean prosperity in some form is inevitable? Yes. Julia Cameron
So today friends irrespective of what you think is lacking in your life get up, get busy, get working with an abundance mentality and blocked ways will pave for you, locked doors will open for you.
Last week, I was perusing through Goodreads looking to find my next great read when I stumbled upon some quotes from T. Harv Eker, the author of Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth. His book made it on the New York Times bestseller list and became #1 on the Wall Street […]
“Words do less than 10 things, but actions do more than 10 thousand things. Leaders don’t talk in vain; they follow with actions.” Israelmore Ayivor
Talk is cheap goes the popular saying, unless you are an MC or standup comedian who gets paid to talk, then just saying things you will do and not acting on them can kill your chances of ever achieving your dreams. It is common for ambitious people to verbalize their dreams to their family and friends and possible prospective investors but the real trick comes in pursuing those ideas no matter the obstacles one might encounter.
If you observe closely everyone has some sort of dream they will like to achieve or the next big idea but the question is are they willing to pay the price to see these dreams come to reality, many people give up on dreams when the road to achieving those dreams get rough or after they have had several setbacks.
Since this is a new year, you can have a fresh start; here are 6 ways to walk the talk.
- Write down your dreams or ambitions, don’t just say it put it in ink and paper (a journal preferable).
- Expect setbacks not failure, success by chance or at first trial are rare but if it happens to you then congratulations.
- Expect hard work, someone once said people run away from opportunities because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. If you want to be successful be prepared to serve the time necessary.
- Be accountable, have a mentor or someone who has achieved success in the area you are pursuing and seek their advice and counsel.
- Be courageous, take a step towards achieving your dreams, I have tried it, it was scary at first but it paid off in the end. Sign up for that class, invest in that business etc. No one ever achieves anything by doing nothing.
- Believe, be optimistic, be positive, have faith, the need for these can never be over emphasized.
please leave a comment
You can follow me on
1. They do what they enjoy. What you get out of your business in the form of personal satisfaction, financial gain, stability and enjoyment will be the sum of what you put into your business. So if you don’t enjoy what you’re doing, in all likelihood it’s safe to assume that will be reflected in the success […]
Setting and meeting up with goals takes determination and discipline, Brain Tracy’s book ‘’GOALS’’ illuminates easy step by step methods to set realistic goals and live up to them, when I first came across this book, at the beginning of this year (2016) i read the book and set goals for myself, am halfway through the year and when I reviewed the goals I set at the beginning of the year I found out that I had accomplished at least 70% of them.
This book it has changed my goal setting abilities and helped me live up those goals, what am doing now is reviewing those goals I couldn’t achieve and setting new ones to accomplish them. Goal setting and following through with your goals is a process, it takes time but it’s totally worth it.
Everyone has a dream whether it is to one day own a big business or to be able to speak a certain language, a key instruments towards achieving your dreams is to set goals towards these dreams, goals bring you closer to your dreams. They create an internalized atmosphere towards achieving things you once thought were impossible. Here are a few quotes from the book
- “You can learn anything you need to learn to accomplish any goal you can set for yourself.” No one is smarter than you and no one is better than you. All business skills, sales skills and moneymaking skills are learnable.
- “Only 3% of adults have written goals, and everyone else works for them.”
- “Only20% of the reasons you are not achieving your goal are on the outside. Always start with yourself.”
If you are thinking short term or long term goals this is the book for you. ENJOY THE READ
Follow me on
Facebook: Usoro Benita Inyang