“Words do less than 10 things, but actions do more than 10 thousand things. Leaders don’t talk in vain; they follow with actions.” Israelmore Ayivor
Talk is cheap goes the popular saying, unless you are an MC or standup comedian who gets paid to talk, then just saying things you will do and not acting on them can kill your chances of ever achieving your dreams. It is common for ambitious people to verbalize their dreams to their family and friends and possible prospective investors but the real trick comes in pursuing those ideas no matter the obstacles one might encounter.
If you observe closely everyone has some sort of dream they will like to achieve or the next big idea but the question is are they willing to pay the price to see these dreams come to reality, many people give up on dreams when the road to achieving those dreams get rough or after they have had several setbacks.
Since this is a new year, you can have a fresh start; here are 6 ways to walk the talk.
- Write down your dreams or ambitions, don’t just say it put it in ink and paper (a journal preferable).
- Expect setbacks not failure, success by chance or at first trial are rare but if it happens to you then congratulations.
- Expect hard work, someone once said people run away from opportunities because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. If you want to be successful be prepared to serve the time necessary.
- Be accountable, have a mentor or someone who has achieved success in the area you are pursuing and seek their advice and counsel.
- Be courageous, take a step towards achieving your dreams, I have tried it, it was scary at first but it paid off in the end. Sign up for that class, invest in that business etc. No one ever achieves anything by doing nothing.
- Believe, be optimistic, be positive, have faith, the need for these can never be over emphasized.