Scared of the future? You are not alone, many people wonder what the future has in store for them even if they have a ten year plan drafted about their lives they know very well that this plans can go array leaving them devastated and sometimes unable to move forward. But as Christians we are called to live a life of faith. Here are 10 scriptures to secure your future in Christ.
1) Hold on to God’s word; remember perfect love casted out fear (1John4:18):
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. God’s love is so rich that he sacrificed his only son to redeem us , so if you think God will deny you the good things of life, it means God values those things more than his son. Which is absolutely not true, God loves you and will move mountains to make sure you are well taken care of.
2) All things work together for the good of them that love God and are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28)
Irrespective of what is happening in your life, loss of a job, failure or rejection, God can use these events to transform our lives. And because of this knowledge we have the courage to face the future.
3) God has not given you the spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind and an excellent spirit (2Timothy 1:7):
Fear can paralyze you from moving forward and that is why God implores us to leave fear behind and look to him. There are many scriptures that warn us about this disease called fear. Fear stops you from pursuing your God given purpose, fear of things not working out, fear of losing a loved one, fear of not being pleasing enough etc.
4) The thoughts God has towards you are good and not of evil to give you an expected end (Jeremiah 29:11):
God’s word has promised good for his children not bad, even people who are evil know how to give good gifts to their children, how much more your father in heaven who causes the rain and sun to pour and shine on the good and evil. The point is God has you covered.
5) Those who are led by God are called the sons of God ( Romans 8:14 ) :
Following God’s will for your life is very key to securing the future, there is a way known to man that leads to destruction. But God’s way leads to peace and life.
6) The just shall live by Faith (Habakkuk 2:4) :
Remember Abraham the guy who was counted righteous because he had faith in God, for without faith it is impossible to please God. As Christians we should live life trusting God on a daily basis to lead us to the right job, spouse, school etc. Once you have this in mind you are more confident about the future because God is your future.
7) Your father in heaven who provides for the birds of the air and the grass in the field, how much more you his beloved (Luke 12:22-26):
God provides for the birds of the air and the lilies in the field how much more you his beloved, in the food chain of living things according to God’s word we rank highest, so if God can cater for the smallest and most insignificant creatures, why would he forsake you who is created in his image and likeness.
8) You are seated with Christ in heavenly places ( Ephesians 2:6 ) :
If you are seated with Christ in heavenly places above difficulties and troubles in life then it’s going to get better at some point. Plus Christ is our intercessor; he is a high priest who is not unaware of our sufferings because he himself had to go through them.
9) You are the light of the world and the salt of the earth ( Matthew 5:3-16 ) :
If you are the light of the world and the salt of the earth surely the lord will uplift you in whatever endeavor you pursue (according to his will for your life). A light cannot be hidden neither salt tasteless.
10) Seek first the kingdom of God and every other thing will be added onto you (Matthew 6:33) :
Satisfaction comes from God not from people or material things, worried about your future? Seek God first; your future is in him.
These are promises from God’s word and they should be realities in our lives, irrespective of what we are going through. Even though it may seem like the future is bleak God’s word promises a bright future for his children. Look deep into the lives of those who had faith in God e.g. Joseph, Abraham, the Israelites when they were in captivity, David when he was fleeing from Saul. At first it looked like God had forgotten them but in the end he he enriched their lives.
N.B: Most of the bible passages in this post are paraphrased. For the full bible verse please refer to any version of the bible.
Follow me on